With a variety of toothbrushes on the market, it can be difficult to select the one best suited to your needs. From soft to hard bristles to electric options, deciding on the perfect style can be a challenge. Here are a few tips from our Ooltewah dentist to help you select the perfect brush:
· Soft bristled brushes are the best for removing plaque and debris. These brushes are also good for brushing hard to reach areas.
· Don’t purchase those cheap, no name brushes. A brush made of quality materials will help to give you the best clean possible.
· As for the handle grip or bristle shape, it is a matter of personal preference. Select an option that is comfortable and allows you to easily reach your teeth.
· If you have limited dexterity or problems brushing, an electric toothbrush may be a good fit.
· Toothbrushes come in a variety of sizes based on ages. Select the appropriate style for infants, toddlers, children and adults.
· Replace your brush every three months or sooner if bristles show signs of wear.
· After brushing your teeth, thoroughly rinse the brush and store upright to dry.
The best toothbrush for you is one that you will use. Make sure that the handle is easy to grip, that the head is comfortable in your mouth and you are able to reach all the surfaces of your teeth and gums. Happy brushing!